2016. Oh, what a year. 2016 marked my first full year in Texas and the longest I’ve gone without going home to my beloved Hawai’i nei. It’s been one helluva a year but I’m so ready for 2017.
I’m definitely a social media addict (typical millennial) and I love these dumb top 9 photos from your past year. (You can get yours here.) Obviously, my top 9 is reflective of my favorite things – travel, family, food, & fitness.
The highlights of every year are always my travel adventures – or when people travel to see me! Traveling was to a minimum in the beginning of the year since I was still getting settled into Dallas, but the itch to wander never leaves me and after NM, it was all downhill (or uphill) from there. This year I:
- Had my entire family visit me in Dallas (May 2016)
- Went to a wedding in Albequerque, New Mexico (June 2016)
- Celebrated my sister’s engagement in Phoenix, Arizona (August 2016)
- Visited with my BFFs in Portland, Oregon (August 2016)
- Had my first Eurotrip to Kythira, Athens, & Santorini, Greece (September 2016)
- Worked and played at Dreamforce in San Francisco, California (September 2016)
- Rode a wine trolley in Monterey, California (October 2016)
- Met my dad and sister in Las Vegas, Nevada (November 2016)
- Spent Christmas with a friend’s family in Austin, Texas (December 2016)
I love my little adventures and I’m so grateful that I even have the means to do so many YOLO weekend trips and some extended trips.
I’ve met so many new people and kept in touch with lifelong friends. I even let go of some toxic relationships.
I was disenchanted by society but my faith in humanity was restored. (Still getting over how strongly Christians defend Trump’s misogynistic statements.)
I found a new hobby that I’m actually pretty decent at and started the Pineapple Shack X.O.
I had highs and lows in my faith and questioned what I believe, but overall strengthened my relationship with the Lord.
I gained new confidence in my career and got that “new city, fresh start” I’ve been longing for the past few years.
In 2015, I told myself I’d be out of Arizona in 2016. Little did I know, I’d take the leap and end up in Texas. Overall, moving to a new city where I didn’t really know anyone was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It’s scary and nerve wracking but a complete adventure and I don’t regret it all.
One reply on “Aloha 2016”
[…] back at my 2016 review and thinking about all the things that happened this year, I have to say 2017 was my best year yet. […]